On September 20, 2013 IAPSS held its annual Prospective Superintendents seminar with over 40 participants. The day was filled with presentations and concluded with an opportunity for participants to respond to mock interview questions.
IAPSS expresses appreciation for the Co-sponsors: Umbaugh and Ice Miller. Their sponsorship helps make these seminars possilble.
The following pictures highlight a number of the presenters who intereacted and shared their expereince with the prospective superintendents.
- Everyone was welcomed by IAPSS Ex. Director J.T. Coopman
- A review of the new superintendents evaluation process was reviewed by Michael Adamson of ISBA and Dr. Sherri Grate, Superintendent of Contract Negotiations and Budgeting was reviewed by Gib Crimmins, Superintendent, Tri-County School Corporation and Steve Yager, Superintendent, Southwest Allen Schools
- Gib Crimmins
- Steve Yager
- “A Week in the Life of a Superintendent” and “The First 90 Days” was presented by Mary Roberson, IAPSS President and Superintendent, Perry Central CSC and Scott Hanback, Superintendent, Tippecanoe School Corporation
- Getting in the Door: Applications and Interviews was covered by Bob Boyd, Indiana State University and Jim Freeland, Purdue University and IAPSS After reviewing the role of the University Team during the search process Bob and Jim engaged the attendees in a series of mock interview questions.
- From the questions and interchange with presenters throughout the day attendees seemed eager to learn and prepare themselves for this step in their career.