INDIANA ASSOCIATION OF PUBLIC SCHOOL SUPERINTENDENTS
One North Capitol, Suite 1215, Indianapolis, Indiana 46204
June 6, 2019
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Dr. John T. Coopman, Executive Director
PRESS RELEASE: IAPSS INSTALLATION LUNCHEON
The Indiana Association of Public School Superintendents will install its officers for the 2019-2020 membership year on Friday, June 7, 2019. The Ceremony will be held at the Avalon Center, 3550 East Lincoln Highway, Merrillville, Starting at 11:30 a.m. EST.
Mr. John Hunter, Superintendent, Union Township School Corporation, Valparaiso, Indiana, will be installed as IAPSS President. Mr. Hunter will make his closing remarks at approximately 12:30 p.m.
- The 2018-2019 IAPSS President, Dr. Tom Edington, Wawasee Community School Corporation, will preside over the Installation of Officers. In addition to Mr. John Hunter, other 2019-2020 officers to be installed include: Dr. Tracy Lorey, Superintendent, Greater Jasper School Corporation, Jasper, Indiana, as IAPSS President-Elect; Superintendent, Dr. Greg Hinshaw, Yorktown Community Schools, Yorktown, Indiana as IAPSS Vice-President, Dr. Stacey Schmidt, Superintendent, Porter Township Community School Corporation, Valparaiso, Indiana, as the IAPSS Secretary and Dr. Richard Arkanoff, Superintendent, Center Grove Community Schools, Greenwood, Indiana, as IAPSS Treasurer.
All IAPSS members have been invited to the IAPSS Presidential induction luncheon, as well as school officials, community officials and event sponsors. Because of the donations and support by local individuals and businesses, no tax dollars were used to sponsor this event.
The following superintendents will remain in their current position(s) as 2019-2020 IAPSS Executive Committee:
- Mr. Karl Galey, Superintendent, Lawrenceburg School Corporation, Lawrenceburg, Indiana as the IAPSS Legislative Committee Chairperson.
- Dr. Stacey Schmidt, Superintendent, Porter Township Schools, Valparaiso, Indiana, as IAPSS Northwest District I Chairperson.
- Mr. Jason Callahan, Superintendent, City of Wabash School Corporation, Wabash, Indiana, as IAPSS North Central District III Chairperson.
- Dr. Kent DeKoninck, Superintendent, Greenwood Community School Corporation, Greenwood, Indiana, as IAPSS Central District V Chairperson.
- Dr. Darrel Bobe, Superintendent, North Knox Community Schools, Bicknell, Indiana, as IAPSS Southwest District VII Chairperson.
- Dr. Thomas Edington, Superintendent, Wawasee Community School Corporation, Wawasee, IN, as IAPSS Past-President.
The following members will be installed during the Ceremony and serve as members of the 2019 – 2020 IAPSS Executive Committee:
- Mr. John Hunter, Superintendent, Union Township School Corporation, Valparaiso, IN, as IAPSS President.
- Dr. Tracy Lorey, Superintendent, Greater Jasper Consolidated School Corporation, Jasper, IN, as IAPSS President-Elect.
- Dr. Greg Hinshaw, Superintendent, Yorktown Community Schools, Yorktown, IN, as IAPSS Vice-President.
- Dr. Stacey Schmidt, Superintendent, Porter Township School Corporation, Valparaiso, IN, as IAPSS Secretary.
- Dr. Richard Arkanoff, Superintendent, Center Grove Community Schools, Greenwood, Indiana, as IAPSS Treasurer.
- Dr. Jeff Butts, Superintendent, MSD Wayne Twp Schools, Indianapolis, Indiana, as IAPSS Policies and Resolutions Committee Chairperson.
- Dr. Phil Downs, Superintendent, MSD Southwest Allen County School Corporation, Fort Wayne, Indiana, as Chairperson, Northeast District II.
- Dr. Shawn Greiner, South Montgomery CSC, New Market, Indiana, as Chairperson West Central IV Chairperson.
- Mr. Bryan Rausch, Superintendent, Liberty Perry Community School Corporation, Selma, Indiana, as East Central District VI Chairperson.
- Dr. Mark Eastridge, Superintendent, South Harrison Community Schools, Corydon, Indiana, as Southeast District VIII Chairperson.
Membership in the Indiana Association of Public School Superintendents is restricted by its Constitution. The association membership currently consists of 433 members composed of Indiana public school superintendents, central office personnel, and higher education instructors of school administration. Approximately (40) forty businesses related to school administration are current Business Partners.
The purposes of the Association are to:
1) Serve as an agent for the superintendency to help influence significant decisions pertaining to the education of all children in the State of Indiana.
2) Provide in-service opportunities for the members of the Association.
3) Strive to improve the profession of educational administration.
4) Maintain effective communication among the members of the Association.
5) Enhance continuing communications and cooperation with the Indiana School Boards Association, and other professional public school administrative associations for the purpose of promoting common and professional interests.